Thursday, January 30, 2014

things I'll never be good at............

................because I'm quirky and I know it. 

we're all born with quirks. own that ish!  
sometimes in our quest for self improvement we mistake our quirks for flaws. that's a no-no my peeps. 
there's no such thing as perfection. our quirks are part of our story. they are part of who we are. 
quirks are the little spice in our life, the dollop of whip cream in our coffee. 
celebrate yourself- quirks are what add the spice to our life.

celebrate your quirks, they are a part of you and a part of your story.

~watching movies. I love the previews, they are the perfect wind down for my nap which begins 7 minutes into the actual film. I have tried and tried and failed and failed and movies just equate to naps for me.

~running on a treadmill. I ran a marathon and it took less time than it does to run for 5 minutes on a treadmill. I want to be good at this. I don't want to feel like every minute on a treadmill a little piece of me is dying, and unfortunately it's not the fat part of me dying it's the brain cell part of me dying and I already don't have enough of those to go around. 

~saying no thank-you to an apple fritter.  I don't know where this fritter love came from, but apparently it's here and here to stay, mostly just on my hips. life is better with a fritter........put that on a t-shirt.  


~swimming. because triathlon or no triathlon; me + water = drowning. 

~drinking coffee while walking. you know those photos of celebrities snapped strolling with a coffee in hand?? this can never be me. someday when I'm a celebrity there will be photos of me walking, and there will be photos of me drinking coffee; but never at the same time. sister just can't do that ish. 

~being serious. if I'm awake and conscious- I want to be laughing. I will pull a straight face if the situation absolutely requires it, but something inside me will find something chuckle-worthy and then it's all over. 

~bowling. I was once asked by a bowling alley owner if I knew that the object of the game was to knock the pins down. and he wasn't joking. 

 ~riding an escalator. no matter how careful you are, the stupid thing WILL suck your shoelaces into the little cracks and then you will be viciously swallowed up by that metal monster. even if you don't have shoelaces on, it will find a way to suck you in. 

~parallel parking. don't even get me started on the amount of stress sweat that happens at the thought, the mere thought of parallel parking. park for me and I'll cook you dinner for a month and then some. 

~painting my toenails. miserable fail. two years old paint nails better than I can. if I want pretty nails I have two choices; visit my sister or pay for a pedi. *turning in my girl-card now*.

~measuring peanut butter. the tablespoon is overrated. pass me a pint.

~being productive on a rainy day. when the rain is pelting on my windows and the wind is sighing through the rafters the only logical thing to do is to curl up with some coffee and do anything but what's on my to-do list. hence this post. 

stay quirky, stay you. 
xoxo, Curly Pink Runner

1 comment:

  1. Loved this! You're so funny. Once when I was younger I fell on the escalator and cut my knee. There was blood everywhere, and to this day I have a scar on my right knee in the shape of a step.

    ReplyDelete